It can only be what it is...



Saturday, April 3, 2010

# 3

Allright then, settling in to this idea of expressing my ideas in this format, as opposed to just writing them down in a little book that no-one will ever read.

Meditation , I really want to , but with a full time job, family life and a myriad of other responsibilites, how am I ever going to be able to make more time.
In all honesty there are some brief periods daily where I sort of do a walking meditation while walking my dog. Does that count ?
I would think it has to.

I am currently reading ''The Gateless Gate'' by Koun Yamada. This collection of Zen Koans really interests me although I find some of the commentary harder to follow than the koan itself. It is really fascinating to me how some writers tackle a subject almost as if to say, if it's not uber-complicated it (the writing) lacks depth and meaning. I guess that's where ego plays it's hand.

Personally I prefer the K.I.S.S. method(Keep it simple stupid). Perhaps a little crass but generally I would think that one writes to be understood or at the very least to transmit clearly and concisely a message.

I just read Dr.Wayne Dyer's latest post on the need to be right all the time. It is insightful ,as I think we all have a tendency to want to be right. Unfortunately sometimes the need is greater than the reason. We have all known someone (myself included) that at times refuses to listen to reason and maintains their position even when you know that you are wrong. Lately I have been making an effort and for me personally admitting my mistakes,errors or weaknesses has been a positive.
I am able to view these not as negatives but just things that are. Liberating these thoughts can be...(said in my best Yoda voice)

That's all for now,
BD

No comments:

Post a Comment