It can only be what it is...



Sunday, April 18, 2010

Never know who'll you'll meet...

So, my daughter is having a few friends over for a birthday party. As any modern parent asks , are there any allergies, food restrictions etc. that we need to know about. Aside from peanut allergies , one kid is newly vegetarian. Okay , cool with me as I am too, but then this is when it gets odd.
The kid also wants to be a Buddhist. There is no-one in his family that is...and questioning his parents their not sure where it came from. My daughter had told him not to worry, my Dad is Buddhist and vegetarian. It made for some interesting conversations with a twelve year old.

Now can it be that his past lives are close to the surface, and that on some level he remembers ?
Either way I am happy for this kid, he gets a head start on his Dharma hopefully.

Also he wears a Che Guevara T-shirt- and knows who he is.
One non-typical twelve year old.
Glad I got to meet him.
BD

No comments:

Post a Comment