It can only be what it is...



Saturday, December 4, 2010

Just Being

It seems that we all have an issue with just being. Of letting go, and just being. We are brought up to feel that there has to be a point, a goal, something to strive for.
There should be just practice, no goal, no desire and really no searching for satori , kensho or anything else.
As soon as that happens , we take our eye off the ball so to speak and I feel that the game is lost at that point.
Easier said than done, I admit-but that seems to be the point.

4 comments:

  1. Abso-bloody-lutely right! This is a great blog, well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments-nice to have some feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Good post. Living with goals is taking your eye off the ball...you miss the ball and the goal...we were taught that zazen is useless...and yes, it is. If you use it to 'get' something...well, it is not zazen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more. "Just be" is a phrase that pops into my mind a lot when I'm flailing about. It's kind of a koan for my life.

    ReplyDelete