It can only be what it is...



Sunday, January 30, 2011

Incendies-Movie Review

Well seeing as it is nominated for Best Foreign language film for an Oscar , we decided to check out this movie,also the screenplay and direction is from a Montrealer named Denis Villeneuve.(Gotta support the home grown talent!)
Wow, a day later after seeing the film and it's imagery is still fresh in my mind. He masterfully created a cinematic experience of storytelling that even if you don't speak French,the story moves and flows bringing you along for the ride , and what a ride it is.
He weaves this tale laden with suffering and love at the same time with such balance and artfulness I highly recommend that you check it out. The movie does have sub-titles and for some I know the idea of reading a movie is a put-off, but it is well worth it. I would be curious to hear from anyone who has seen it already or checks it out , let me know what you think

No comments:

Post a Comment