It can only be what it is...



Sunday, May 1, 2011

Breath

Recently I have come to understand or realize that I sometimes make things too complicated. Probably in a lot of areas.
I over think things,
This bleeds over to when I try to meditate as well. I worry about proper form, am I breathing properly, is my breath deep enough, were the last couple of ones to shallow....or was I more distracted today then yesterday etc.
I was listening to a podcast from S.N. Goenka and I had a Ah-Ha ! moment.
What I took away from it was the KISS method, ( Keep it simple stupid ). Not being in full lotus isn't going to make or break my meditation, or commiserating about the deepness or shallowness of my breath or the myriad other irritants that pop up in daily life.

If you are irritated by every rub, how will you be polished -Rumi Sage

No comments:

Post a Comment