It can only be what it is...



Wednesday, June 15, 2011

We already are what we seek to become

How about that for a concept. Roll it around, try it on for size, see if you like it.

At first thought , when I heard this verse, I thought well, if that's the case , I want nirvana,...but when I opened my eyes , still me just sitting here, nothing changed.
Not one to quit easily I continued to think about how could this be true. Where's the proof.
Certainly we have the potential(Buddha-Nature) to acheive nirvana at some point. One can also have the intention as well, and perhaps there is the rub.
If one has intention, does it mean it will happen ?
Belief in something has been known to affect people in a positive way, can the power of intention yield results ?
If I want to be a peaceful person, and I believe that I am, and my intention is such, will it truly make me peaceful, when looking for the elusive parking spot at the mall , only to have someone snatch it out from under me !
Or is it that intention, is like choosing to water the seeds of awareness, rather than ignorance.
Is the power of intention just being present and choosing what seeds to nurture ? So that in that way we are already what we are seeking ?
Let me know if I am barking up the wrong tree,

No comments:

Post a Comment