It can only be what it is...



Friday, October 7, 2011

Taking things for granted-

We often take things for granted ,our health, our physical abilities.
 It really comes to the foreground when an ability we take for granted becomes sidelined.
Due to a temporary condition I am constant pain right now, and unable to walk easily or without a lot of discomfort.
 I tend to walk a lot , enjoy walking with my dog, I like to run,  and do Yoga.
All of this is kind of on the back burner do to this condition. Even sitting in meditation , the pain is really constant.
I am realizing though, like the yogi in India that bathes in the river Ganges in their winter months, or having to cook food in the high heat of summer is also similarly inconvenient there are certain things that must be done. Certain things must be maintained, despite the inconveniences they pose.

Dharma can't be a sometimes thing.
 It always flows like the river into the ocean, even when their are heavy rains and a lot more water is flowing into the ocean, the ocean is calm and accepts it all.
Likewise I need to accept the present situation , do what I can to heal from it and move on, without sacrificing or putting things to the side.
That is my challenge at present.

No comments:

Post a Comment