It can only be what it is...



Saturday, December 3, 2011

Time and Hell,

I met a new resident at where I work yesterday, her name is Norma. Norma was a WREN (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wren_(Royal_Navy
back in WWII.
Norma had a great pair of glasses on. Revealing her once fiery character, they were multicoloured frames, that made me think of rainbows.
Two things that struck me with Norma, (by the way she has moderate alzheimers)
1. When I showed her the picture that I took of her, she said to me  "Oh my... I look old, when did that happen" and
2. When I mentioned the town she came from trying to make small talk as we waited together -she said "oh I was in hell before, but then what can you expect when you have one foot in the grave"

I found them to be interesting observations that are applicable to all of us in some ways and at some point in time or another.

We rarely feel time pass, it's only when we really look in earnest that we realize that our bodies have changed, faces have wrinkles, more gray hairs etc.

As for her other observation, it really becomes a glass half empty or full analogy to some extent. Without really knowing her exact situation before coming to where I work, I imagine if you are anywhere you don't want to be , it is a hell of sorts.

Life has a way of providing lessons it seems,  just need to be open and receptive in order to see and receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment