It can only be what it is...



Thursday, September 13, 2012

Running as meditation

So in my quest as of late to lose some weight and get into better shape, I have started running. When I was younger playing football and other sports , running was never my cup of tea. When I was in the military it still wasn't my bag.
It was with some trepidation that I started running for myself. Would it be torture, would I fail at it. All these thoughts came and went.
Well it's been a few months, and well I'm hooked.
It's kind of like meditation for me, the first few kilometers, my body rallies against it, my mind cries out in doubt, but I persevere and and few more kilometers later all is good.
There is just the steady rhythm of my feet on the pavement. Attention to my breath and time seems to stand still.
Who knew running would be so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment