It can only be what it is...



Saturday, October 13, 2012

Yoga, Hello old friend,

Well, in the realm of exercise and fitness, I have lost a lot of weight lately, and my fitness is way better than it has been in a long while. I am running almost every day and seriously contemplating running a 1/2 marathon in the Spring.
Yet there are times where I feel stiff, and creaky. Time to look yet once again at Yoga. Yoga and I have a sort of on again off again relationship.
Whilst I logically see the benefits and won't even hesitate to offer it to someone else ...I often get annoyed and the whole commercial side of it, and sometimes quite honestly the reluctance of some to see Yoga for what it truly is.
For me Yoga is much more than just a method of exercise. Just like Tai Chi is more than just slow motion Kung Fu, and Kata's in other martial arts.
They all involve breathing techniques, and concentration of energy (Ki, Prana, you name it.) for beneficial effect on the body and mind.

Now to find a teacher and a schedule that I can make so I can get corrections to my bad habits.

Namasté

No comments:

Post a Comment